Saturday, May 4, 2013

My favorite new blog: Markers and Thread

Peace and Blessings folks!

I am very happy to share with you a new love of my life. 

Her name is Markers and Thread! 

It's a wonderful relationship so I am shouting it out to all of you. Go check out and love this site which has so many inspiring creative projects. 

The best thing I like about it, is that all the projects are extremely practical, eco-friendly, and interactive. You can really tell that the author does her research and puts her heart into what she does, which makes everything have a touch of earthy chicness. 
 
One of my favorite posts ( I go raving about it to random ppl yeah) has to do with preserving herbs. I don't know about you but whenever I buy a bunch of cilantro, parsley, or mint I sadly end up wasting so much if I don't use it immediately. 

In this post she teaches how to preserve them as cubes in the freezer for later use. 

WHY am I nearly 27 and haven't thought of that??

I also like her post on stovetop potpurri. There are many options for natural products with nice fragrances..it really makes me rethink using all the chemically febreeze stuff. 

I have to admit I have a special love for her, because I met the author face to face and she is an amazing and accomplished mother. Also, she seemingly uses principles of upcycling and minimalism in her projects which I believe in strongly (a lot of my pieces are upcycled for my business). a

This is site that presents you with projects that will be hard to ignore! 




5 comments:

  1. I am going to visite her site. Looks like a great one! Thanks for sharing dear.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you woman for checking it out! Its def one of my go to DIY source

      Delete
  2. Cool, checking it out now. I just did parsley and dill in the the freezer the other day! But not in cubes because I don't have molds but, it's so handy to have it ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm Sultana, asalaamu alaikum - thanks so much for sending your readers to visit my blog. I love reading your blog, it is always fun and interesting. I hope to do many more posts and projects that will interest you and your readers in the future. Hopefully some more fab and fashion upcycle! Jazaak Allahu khairan again and so happy to know your readers! See you all later:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoh can't wait! Inshallah khayr sis, so glad to be able to share it!

      Delete

You are AmaZing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis!