A few weeks ago, I received a special letter in the mail. I opened it and there it was.....
My official Certificate of Registration!
Yes people, my business is official as of mid January. Of course, I was happy about it, but life naturally got in the way. It took a really good friend to remind me that it was something to celebrate; that of all that has happened in the past month, I should be most proud of that step.
How many years did I wish and dream of things? How many years has passed that all it remained was in my head and heart but not in reality? For some reason, this wish, though it has transformed itself, is finally materializing.
All it took was
- Lots and lots emotional support from my loved ones
Even recently I had a falling out. I slumped on my bedroom floor and shed some tears. I had applied for a position that I was turned down for reasons other than my actual qualifications. If those things had not happened in my life, I would be working right now.
Subhanallah...though I don't like to admit it. Those things did happen, and it happened because they were meant to.
I feel it more than ever that I am meant to tread this path of uncertainty. I was very recently blessed with a full time caretaker for Sou sou which has allowed me to work on the business at an incredible pace. In just a day in a half I have done as much work as It took to complete in 2 weeks because of the difficulty of having that time to create while being a full time mom. This too has happened for a reason.
So far the progress on the business is as follows:
- The business is registered
- We met with the Web Designer/Photographer who is very excited about our business and gave us some good pointers
- I have sought various types of ways to increase my overall business knowledge as well as get help on our business plan
- We are trying find good reliable suppliers for our most needed supplies.
- I have several appointments, forums, and networking events lined up in the next two months.
- We are working towards building up our inventory. One product category is already completed in large numbers and ready for sale.
What I plan on doing in the immediate future:
- Finish writing this business plan! Uuugh
- Get the facebook fan page set up with some gorgeous photography for our fans
- Getting the website started
- Figure out suppliers or find better alternatives so we can continue production of our most important products
- Continue to travel and learn as to keep me motivated and help me to form the overall business concept
- Find a way to ship overseas (as we are only set to ship in the US and Canada now)
- Finish completing my specific inventory quotas
- Continue to reach out and gain as much professional support of our business
- Research marketing opportunities
- and the list goes on and on!