Sunday, February 24, 2013

Photoshoot Updates! (Part 1)

Salaams to all my beautiful readers,

Before I begin my post...

 انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Inna lilahi wa inaa ilayhi raaj3oon

Truly, to Allah to we belong and truly, to Him we shall return (al Qur'an 2:156)

Please send your duas for the family and friends of Mr. Inglot. Please send them for himself as well. When we walked into the studio,
we saw tears in the eyes of the makeup artists. The day was bittersweet afterwards because of how dearly beloved this man was. Although I never met him, this man has affected my life. 

Yesterday morning I woke up, bathed and began to clean my house.  As soon as sis was awake, she told me we were set to leave at 10am to the studio for our photo shoot  I had known about it since early this month when she set the date with our photographer. I have to admit though, I was more nervous than excited...even feeling a bit low about it. The timing ideally was awesome yes. But in reality, it felt completely off. I wanted to do more, have more time to prepare. You see, early this month, I traveled to Texas to be by my nani's (grandmother) side. I spent about a week then. When I came back I had about 2 days to myself and every day after with sou sou which means I work at about a 1/4 of my potential pace doing anything for the business. Ultimately, it meant from the time of hearing about the photoshoot, I barely had a few days to prepare my thoughts and the products. Needless to say, I felt as if I had got nothing done....


But in reality, everything happened as it should have alhamdoolilah. 

Allah is the best of planners, and in every moment I was blessed with more and more. The ideas started to flow towards us literally that morning of the shoot. Some of the things that ended up really coming together and making the day:

1. The model-Sis put out a casting call and one of the models who answered our add seemed to fit perfectly with our aesthetic. Even more than the model we had originally hoped for. That one actually ended up moving across the country for good. Subhanallah. She was beautiful, sweet, funny, and seemed to enjoy the shoot despite some of the delays. She loved our products and embraced the experience. Her passion has inspired us all and she definitely turned heads! 

2. The morning off the shoot- Sis saw some of our materials and grabbed it, I saw some of my scarves and packed them. These little impromptu decisions ended up shaping the photos that will soon grace my website and launch campaign inshallah. Everything eventually fit perfectly together like a puzzle.

3. The studio-The space we were allowed to use was open and very convenient. We had endless makeup on site and top artists in NY getting involved in the process alhamdoolilah. 

Everyone seemed a bit sleep deprived that morning. None of us were eating. By the end of the day, however, we were coming together, embracing each other and enjoying the moment. My company is a baby at this point, but the way the shoot unfolded, fit well within my dreams and hopes for the business alhamdoolilah.


Thank you to all those who have made dua for us, and kept us in your heats and best wishes!

My photoshoot was a wonderful success and everything came out 10 times more beautiful then I could have imagined. Soon my dear readers you will know what I am talking about! 

If you are reading this post, take a look at my face book blog page at this link. Sometimes I get a bit busy and I can only manage to update the face book page while this blog experiences short periods of inactivity. If you like what you see and read, don't forget to tell your friends too! 

wink wink*

nudge nudge*

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the pictures.

    XO Arezu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Salams sis! the official pictures will not come out until much maybe next month but I will post behind the scenes photos soon inshallah!

      Delete
  2. I can not wait to see the photos insha Allaah.

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete

You are AmaZing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis!