Ramadan is starting tomorrow and I feel both excited and a little anxious. There is so much I want to get accomplished and yet so much fear of not accomplishing them. It would be better for me to have this attitude throughout the year and just not for this sacred month, but I hope at least the coming days will enact for change and spiritual transformation inshallah.
I want to reveal to all of you my goals for this Ramadan.
Lets start with my general self analysis:
I feel very spiritually distant as a result of occurances in my life since last year. My moving situation is STILL in limbo, and I have had to put my dear business on hold as a result. I am still searching for employment and support my bestfriend/sis in our anticipated move back to New York which is proving incredibly difficult. I feel stuck, nearly hopeless...a bit angry. Deep down inside I know Allah swt is doing this for a reason, and although I feel like crap sticks, I have an advantage this Ramadan. For example, I have the ability to fast, and time on my hands to utilize the best of my capabilities. My responsibilities are less then they were last year.
During this month I want to:
(Religious Goals-tangible and specific)
- Finish the reading of the Quran
- Memorize Surat Naba (my favorite)
- Practice Tajweed (recitation) daily for at least an hour minimum
- Performing prayer
- Daily Tasbee7 after prayer
- Important Dua memorization (will search for my favs soon)
- Watch Islamic lectures/movies
- Increase my knowledge overall with extensive reading
- Revive a love and desire, if not need to maintain my Salah (khushoo)
- Feel greater trust and reliance on Allah
- Decrease my anger and bitterness
- Abstain from wasting time on things that don't benefit me during this month, like mindless TV watching, music, chatting, phone convos...etc
- Reflection, contemplation, looking at my faults and what I hope to achieve in this life...
- Increase my Signing ASL vocab
- Teach and read to Sou sou Daily
- Daily Physical Activity (Badmitton)
- Update my bucket list
- Create a review policy for this blog
- Refrain from unneeded purchases and save the mess out of my money
- Get rid of Sou sous old clothes
- Practice my Spanish and Egyptian Arabic
- Blogging (posts that I have been itching to get out)