Sunday, September 16, 2012

The best news this year..

What are the best pieces of news you have ever heard? What were the most wonderful things you found out that either made you cry, do a happy dance, or smile for days on end? You just knew that they would change everything...these were some of best moments in your life....

So far I have had three:

1. When I found out that I was accepted into University in DC to study International Relations and Business.

2. When I found out I got accepted in the study abroad program in Cairo.

3. When I saw my daughter for the first time, stared to into her eyes and thanked Allah swt she came out perfectly healthy despite my hyperemisis during pregnancy.

 








4. And just a few days ago, I found out...


I AM OFFICIALLY MOVING TO NEW YORK! (again haha)

Its been over a year since I have struggled with my daughter and our housing situation. I can comfortably say this past year has been the toughest year of my life although I tried my best to keep the negativity out of this blog. I became a single mom, a lot of my friendships were weakened if not lost, and over so many months of carrying a broken spirit I healed and found purpose again.

Today I am Thankful.

Not just because Allah swt answered my most ardent prayer, but because of what He put me through to get me to ask Him.

You truly see yourself clearly when you lose everything and almost everyone. It is when you are at your most raw and weakest form where you become receptive into transforming into something better.

 I obviously have a lot of work to do still on myself, but knowing the things I have survived, and that Allah has blessed me with some ease after such a hardship is comforting.

By the way, my new apartment is literally a 30 second walk from the beach! Does happy dance*

Over the next week I will be cleaning and packing and moving with my best friend into our new home. After I get settled and start working again I will begin working on my business again at full force inshallah. 

Alhamdoolilah

Stay tuned for pictures!!!

5 comments:

  1. God I love your daughter. I know I don't know her at all but I just have an instant love for children. May Allah give her a beautiful and happy life. I'm happy you're moving back to NY. I was just in Buffalo recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salaam woman! She gets ppl to fall in love with her all the time you aren't alone lol. I haven't been to buffalo yet! Thank you for the well wishes for chunky face I think shes gonna like the move like her mommy :).

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you, and I hope everything will be ok for u and ur little mashaAllah beautiful girl, inshallah and always remember after the storm there's a rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashaAllah tabarkillah sister. Happy for you things are working out for you. May Allah bless your move and settle into your new home safe and sound.
    The beach must be good place to unwind and reflect. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I wish you the best and May Allah give you peace and happiness in your new apartment on the beach!!

    ReplyDelete

You are AmaZing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis!